Sunday, July 18, 2004

Dinner and Movies

Kristin’s revelation was startling. Neither Dawn or myself could think of a simple answer. As if any of life’s problems come with simple answers. After Kristin told us what she had done to draw the wrath of John Maguire… Dawn and I sat quietly, unable to respond.

Kristin left us, returning nearly two hours later with four DVDs, and a 19-year-old boy. The boy had green dyed dreadlocks, wore a tattered Chicago Bears Jersey, and smelled terrible. I wondered if this was the poor guy working the counter at the video store, or if Kristin had simply snagged him on the way home.

Either way, tonight was going to be dinner and movies… until I had enough time to think about what Kristin had told us.

As wonderful as Dawn is, I know she won’t not be able to find an answer. It’s up to Kristin and I to find a way out of this problem. For now, we will feed on this poor kid… watch movies, and drink wine. Hopefully an answer will come to me tomorrow.

Kristin’s problem makes my brain hurt thinking about it. Worse, I know in the morning we will have a corpse to dispose of… because this boy is not enough to feed three vampires. He will most certainly die tonight while we drink from him.

Dawn has the first movie ready, so I must leave. I think she has chosen American Beauty to be the first movie of the night. I am looking forward to seeing The Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King, but I don’t know if Kristin’s entertainment system is enough to do the movie justice.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

BlogWise.Com